- 1 What is the millennial reign in the Bible?
- 2 What did the Old Testament promise to the Jesus?
- 3 What happens after the 1000 year reign JW?
- 4 What does Revelation say about Jesus?
- 5 What does Millenarism mean?
- 6 What is the Great White Throne Judgment?
- 7 What are the 7 covenants in the Bible?
- 8 What is Jesus called in the Old Testament?
- 9 Why do we say Jesus instead of Yeshua?
- 10 Do Jehovah Witnesses believe Judgement day?
- 11 What are the 7 plagues in Revelation?
- 12 What are the 7 Lampstands in Revelation?
- 13 What John sees in heaven?
What is the millennial reign in the Bible?
Millennialism (from millennium, Latin for “a thousand years”) or chiliasm (from the Greek equivalent) is a belief advanced by some religious denominations that a Golden Age or Paradise will occur on Earth prior to the final judgment and future eternal state of the “World to Come”.
What did the Old Testament promise to the Jesus?
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
What happens after the 1000 year reign JW?
At the end of the thousand years a final test will take place when Satan is brought back to mislead perfect mankind. The end result will be a fully tested, glorified human race.
What does Revelation say about Jesus?
The vision In Revelation 1:18, the figure whom John sees identifies himself as “the First and the Last,” who “was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever”, a reference to the resurrection of Jesus.
What does Millenarism mean?
Millenarianism (also millenarism ), from Latin mīllēnārius “containing a thousand”, is the belief by a religious, social, or political group or movement in a coming fundamental transformation of society, after which “all things will be changed”.
What is the Great White Throne Judgment?
In Christianity, the Great White Throne Judgment is the time when the dead people that did not live during the 1,000 years that Satan was inside the bottomless pit come back to life and are judged by God according to their works using the 66 books of the Bible.
What are the 7 covenants in the Bible?
- 2.1 Number of biblical covenants.
- 2.2 Edenic covenant.
- 2.3 Noahic covenant.
- 2.4 Abrahamic covenant.
- 2.5 Mosaic covenant.
- 2.6 Priestly covenant.
- 2.7 Davidic covenant. 2.7.1 Christian view of Davidic covenant.
- 2.8 New covenant (Christian)
What is Jesus called in the Old Testament?
Jesus ‘ name in Hebrew was “Yeshua” which translates to English as Joshua.
Why do we say Jesus instead of Yeshua?
Jesus (IPA: /ˈdʒiːzəs/) is a masculine given name derived from the name IESVS in Classical Latin, Iēsous (Greek: Ἰησοῦς), the Greek form of the Hebrew and Aramaic name Yeshua or Y’shua (Hebrew: ישוע). As its roots lie in the name Yeshua /Y’shua, it is etymologically related to another biblical name, Joshua.
Do Jehovah Witnesses believe Judgement day?
Most of those who had died before God’s intervention will gradually be resurrected during the thousand year ” judgment day “. This judgment will be based on their actions after resurrection rather than past deeds. At the end of the thousand years, Christ will hand all authority back to God.
What are the 7 plagues in Revelation?
- First Bowl. Loathsome Sores.
- Second Bowl. The sea turns to blood.
- Third Bowl. The waters turn to blood.
- Fourth Bowl. When the fourth bowl is poured out, the sun causes a major heatwave to scorch the planet with fire.
- Fifth Bowl.
- Sixth Bowl.
- Seventh Bowl.
What are the 7 Lampstands in Revelation?
According to Revelation 1:11, on the Greek island of Patmos, Jesus Christ instructs John of Patmos to: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.” The churches in this context refers
What John sees in heaven?
Bible Gateway Revelation 21:: NIV. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.