- 1 Is Melbourne FL dangerous?
- 2 What is Melbourne FL known for?
- 3 What is there to do in Melbourne Florida at night?
- 4 What is there to do in Melbourne Florida today?
- 5 Where is the highest crime rate in Melbourne?
- 6 Has a hurricane ever hit Melbourne Florida?
- 7 Where is the safest place in Florida?
- 8 Is it expensive to live in Melbourne Florida?
- 9 Is Melbourne Beach Florida Safe?
- 10 Is Melbourne Florida a good place to live?
- 11 How far is Orlando from Melbourne Florida?
- 12 How far is Melbourne to Miami?
- 13 Does Melbourne Beach have a boardwalk?
- 14 Does Melbourne have a beach?
- 15 What are the coldest months in Melbourne?
Is Melbourne FL dangerous?
With a crime rate of 41 per one thousand residents, Melbourne has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 24.
What is Melbourne FL known for?
Touted as the “economic engine” of Brevard County, Melbourne is often regarded as the area’s most bustling city. From its charming downtown, to its business corridors, subdivisions, art district and retail centers, there’s a lot that meets the eye when you visit this south Brevard town.
What is there to do in Melbourne Florida at night?
A Night on the Town: 10 Best Nightlife Offerings in Melbourne,
- Intracoastal Brewing Co. Melbourne. Photo courtesy of Intracoastal Brewing Co.
- Coasters Pub & Biergarten. Melbourne.
- Cold Keg Nightclub. Melbourne.
- Foo Bar & Lotus Gallery. Melbourne.
- Mainstreet Pub. Melbourne.
- Island Root Kava Bar. Melbourne.
- Off The Traxx Sports Bar & Grill. Melbourne.
- Meg O’Malley’s. Melbourne.
What is there to do in Melbourne Florida today?
Below are 15 things to do in and around Melbourne, Florida.
- Rossetter House Museum. Source: Leonard J.
- Brevard Zoo. Source: Thomas Kelley / shutterstock Brevard Zoo.
- The Eau Gallie Arts District.
- Manatee Cove Park.
- Brevard County Movie in the Park.
- Kennedy Space Center.
- El Ambia Cuban Restaurant.
Where is the highest crime rate in Melbourne?
As of September 2018 the CBD of Melbourne had the highest rate of overall criminal incidents in the state (15,949.9), followed by Latrobe (12,896.1) and Yarra (11,119.2).
Has a hurricane ever hit Melbourne Florida?
The hurricane threat diminishes north of the Miami area, in the cities of Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, and Cape Canaveral. Hurricane Frances made landfall here in 2004 as a Category 2 storm. In 2004, hurricane Ivan slammed into the area with Category 3 force.
Where is the safest place in Florida?
Here are the 10 Safest Cities in Florida for 2021
- Marco Island.
- Winter Springs.
- North Palm Beach.
- Cooper City.
- Safety Harbor.
Is it expensive to live in Melbourne Florida?
For example, if the cost of living is 90, then it is 10% lower than average. If the cost of living is 110, then it is 10% higher than average. Cities with similar population.
|City, State||Melbourne, FL|
|Cost of Living Index||95|
Is Melbourne Beach Florida Safe?
According to NeighborhoodScout’s analysis of FBI crime statistics, Melbourne Beach is safer than 61% of the cities and towns in the US of all population sizes. In Florida, only on the order of 16% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Melbourne Beach.
Is Melbourne Florida a good place to live?
Melbourne is in Brevard County and is one of the best places to live in Florida. In Melbourne there are a lot of restaurants and parks. Many young professionals and retirees live in Melbourne and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Melbourne are highly rated.
How far is Orlando from Melbourne Florida?
The total driving distance from Melbourne, FL to Orlando, FL is 71 miles or 114 kilometers.
How far is Melbourne to Miami?
The total driving distance from Miami, FL to Melbourne, FL is 174 miles or 280 kilometers.
Does Melbourne Beach have a boardwalk?
Great boardwalk – Review of Barrier Island Center, Melbourne Beach, FL – Tripadvisor.
Does Melbourne have a beach?
Relax in the summer sun on calm bay beaches across Melbourne, from the popular swimming spots and shoreside diners at St Kilda to the colourful landmark bathing huts at Brighton. Lifeguards and lifesavers patrol beaches during peak holiday times.
What are the coldest months in Melbourne?
Melbourne’s top temperatures are usually in January and February. Those months are often dry, with hot spells and cooling afternoon breezes off Port Phillip Bay. June and July are the coldest months and October is the wettest.