What info do we collect?
Like most bloggers, we use Google Analytics to learn more about our readers. Not in a creepy way we promise. You can read more about what Google Analytics does here but we will attempt to summarize:
- Google will not collect any personal information of our readers
- Google will place cookies (unfortunately not the yummy freshly baked kind) in your web browser in order to:
- Determine which domain to measure
- Distinguish unique users
- Remember the number and time of previous visits
- Remember traffic source information
- Determine the start and end of a session
- Remember the value of visitor-level custom variables
- Google will not share any data it collects for us with any other third party
How often do we update our policy?
We’ll update our policy periodically especially after we make changes to our blog or find out other things we should disclose. We’re not lawyers, but we will do our best to be as transparent as possible.
- June 6, 2014 – We made a change to our Google Analytics tracking code to support Display Advertising. We did this to enable Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to help us better understand who is visiting The Millennial Type. Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads or you can visit Google Analytics’ currently available opt outs for the web.